Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Just Freeze It!!

Im always looking for a way to save and my family and I love baked goods, donuts, rolls etc. There is rarely a sale or coupon on these goodies but you can absolutely find them on the "mark down" rack.  These rolls I have in the pictures were found on the clearance rack in Walmart. You may think they are probably no good since they are usually being sold on their sell by date. You also may not see your family eating them right away.   This is not a problem if you pop them in the freezer and take them out as you need. A few seconds in the microwave or an hour on the counter and they are perfect!
My experience has always been a good one as long as of course you check for mold before you purchase and don't leave them in the freezer for over a month or so.
This same strategy can be of use for leftovers. For example I made a french dip in my crock pot yesterday and we were only able to finish half of it. Well no one really wanted to eat them for leftovers right away so I found a plastic container and put it in the freezer for next week!! This not only saves me money but the time to think of and cook up another meal next week. I hope you will try these ideas too and save you and your family time AND Money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep On Couponing!

Keep On Couponing!