Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"armed and dangerous"...with coupons that is! LOL

How to Shop for Free: Shopping Secrets for Smart Women Who Love to Get Something for Nothing
Will be buying this book soon to learn more shopping strategies!!
What can I say, it has been a great few days for couponing!!  Coupon heaven I'd say : ) 

So as I roll up to the Target cashier with about 14 coupons in hand, he says "wow", "you are armed and dangerous"   Oh yeah, that's right did my research and found lots of deals!!! 
two tubs of country crock  94cents  ea
two bags of halls cough drops 14 cents ea
one large tub of quick oatmeal 24 cents
two lunch ables 50 cents ea
jumbo pack of lever 2000 bar soap 3.74
two healthy choice soup bowls 1.04 ea

AND at Giant Eagle I found a great cereal deal!!!
They have large fam. boxes of gen. mill. cereal for 5.00 ea, and you get one free wyb2
which makes them 3/$10
I had one 55cent off coupon for honey nut cheerios
a 55cent coupon for cinn toast crunch
and a 75 cent coupon for mult. grain Cheerios
-all of which double at the checkout
This made my total only 6 dollars and some change!!!  for all that cereal!!
I have a new round of the same coupons today and will go back and do it again.  cant resist stocking up on cereal when we go through it soo quick!!

AND at CVS  another score!!
I had 7 dollars in cvs extra care cash from my last trip for paper towels, laundry detergent etc.  all of which I used coupons for and earned the 7 dollars back!!
So yesterdays trip ended up especially profitable! 
I made two separate transactions ...
I bought one Colgate whitening toothpaste for 2.99 with 1.00 off coupon from last week's paper and I earned one dollar back.  which is like getting it for 99 cents!!
Then I bought two Colgate 360 toothbrushes, 2.99 ea, both earned 1.00 back and I had a dollar off which was like a BOGO

My seven dollars extra cash and two coupons paid for all of that, then my 3.00 bucks in return were put towards my second transaction where I bought
1 gal of milk and 2 packs of toddler flushable wipes.  cvs brand wipes only 1.49 and B1G1 50% off
I only had to put 3.00 of my own cash towards this last transaction.

So in the end I bought
2 packs of flushable toddler wipes
1 gal of milk
2 Colgate 360 toothbrushes
1 Colgate whitening toothpaste

Not to shabby : )

Giant eagle and Target I figured out all on my own brain power but Target was easy because of http://www.totallytarget.com/  !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep On Couponing!

Keep On Couponing!