Friday, May 3, 2013

Clearance Crazy!!

I love to shop clearance! The one thing I had to warm up to with clearance shopping is knowing that most all clearance items, especially for clothing, will be last season.  I do not mean as in style, however this could be true as well.  I mean as in spring, summer, fall etc.  Now that is is spring, a lot of the fall/winter wear is on clearance.  I use to not like buying for the future.  I thought it was boring to buy a shirt and save it in the closet for a few months until it could be worn.  But I was wrong!  Once I gave in, because the prices are just too darn good, I quickly fell in love with the idea of it. 

Here are some examples, also shown in pictures.
-Three shirts from Target originally $8.00ea. Now $2.40ea.
-Shoes from Walmart originally $12.00 Now $5.00
- Two pairs of jeans from Walmart originally $9.97ea. Now $5.00ea.















I spent a total of $22.20 + Tax for all of this with a total savings of  $33.74!!!  Had I bought them at full price I would have spent $55.94+ tax.  That is a HUGE savings that I am VERY proud of.
One thing you have to keep in mind when shopping for kids clothes like this, is what size you estimate your child will be the upcoming season.  Infants can be harder to judge, sometimes they can jump a size, so in that case you may want to buy more than one size and than yard sale the one you don't use. OR just buy a bit bigger for sure, cause in my experience it doesn't hurt for their clothes to be a bit bigger than necessary.

You may think, why go through the trouble of clearance browsing?  Why not just go to Goodwill, thrift stores OR consignment shops.  Well Ill tell you this, go and shop there and you will see that you may be able to find a shirt for $3.00 to wear today, but when you get use to finding a BRAND NEW shirt for LESS!  You will continue to scan the clearance racks every season! 

Also I did find flip flops on clearance for $1.97 at our local Target  just a few weeks ago, that my daughter is wearing now.  They must have been last summers leftovers but she gets to wear them now.  Score! 

Have fun shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep On Couponing!

Keep On Couponing!